Are NFTs Dead – Discover The Truth About The Current State of NFTs

In recent years, the world has witnessed the meteoric rise and unprecedented hype surrounding Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs). From digital artworks selling for millions to memorable moments in sports being tokenized, NFTs have captivated the imagination of creators, collectors, and investors alike. However, as with any novel concept, doubts have emerged regarding the longevity and sustainability of this digital phenomenon. Are NFTs just a passing trend, or are they here to stay?

Before we delve deeper into the fate of NFTs, let’s first grasp the essence of this phenomenon. NFTs, or Non-Fungible Tokens, are unique digital assets that utilize blockchain technology to certify their authenticity and ownership. Unlike cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin or Ethereum, which are fungible and can be exchanged on a one-to-one basis, NFTs are one-of-a-kind pieces in the digital realm. This uniqueness is what gives them their value and allure.

But what exactly makes NFTs so special?

It’s the ability to represent ownership of a specific asset in the digital world. Whether it’s a piece of digital art, a music album, a video clip, virtual real estate, or even a virtual avatar, NFTs provide individuals with verifiable rights to these assets. This solves a longstanding issue in the digital landscape – the problem of provenance and ownership. With NFTs, the authenticity and ownership of digital assets can be tracked and verified through the use of smart contracts and decentralized ledgers. This not only provides a new level of trust and transparency but also opens up a world of possibilities for creators and collectors alike.

What are NFTs?

At their core, NFTs are digital representations of ownership, allowing individuals to claim verifiable rights to a specific asset. These assets can take various forms, including digital art, music, videos, virtual real estate, and even virtual avatars. By leveraging blockchain technology, NFTs address the longstanding issue of provenance and ownership in the digital landscape. Through the use of smart contracts and decentralized ledgers, the authenticity of NFTs can be tracked and verified, providing a new level of trust and transparency.

Let’s take a closer look at some examples of NFTs. Digital art, for instance, has seen a tremendous surge in popularity with the advent of NFTs. Artists can now create unique digital artworks and sell them directly to collectors, bypassing traditional art galleries and auction houses. These digital artworks can range from stunning visual masterpieces to interactive and immersive experiences, blurring the boundaries between art and technology.

Music, too, has found a new home in the world of NFTs. Musicians can release limited-edition albums or individual tracks as NFTs, allowing fans to own a piece of their favorite artist’s work. This not only provides a new revenue stream for musicians but also creates a deeper connection between artists and their fans. Imagine owning the original NFT of a chart-topping song or being able to attend exclusive virtual concerts through your NFT ownership.

Virtual real estate is another fascinating application of NFTs. In virtual worlds such as Decentraland or Cryptovoxels, users can buy and sell virtual land as NFTs. This opens up a whole new market for virtual real estate development, where individuals can build and monetize virtual properties. From virtual art galleries to virtual casinos, the possibilities are endless.

The Rise of NFTs in the Digital World

The popularity of NFTs exploded in the early months of 2021, capturing the attention of mainstream media and the general public. Artists, musicians, and content creators flocked to NFT marketplaces to tokenize their work and tap into a whole new audience. This digital gold rush led to eye-popping sales figures, with artworks collectively fetching millions of dollars.

But it wasn’t just the art world that embraced NFTs. Sports leagues and athletes also joined the frenzy, tokenizing iconic moments and trading them as collectibles. Imagine owning a digital representation of Michael Jordan’s famous slam dunk or Cristiano Ronaldo’s winning goal. These moments, once confined to the realm of memories, can now be owned and traded as NFTs, creating a whole new market for sports memorabilia.

Celebrities, too, recognized the potential of NFTs and jumped on the bandwagon. They started offering limited-edition digital merchandise and experiences to their fans. From virtual meet-and-greets to exclusive backstage passes, owning these NFTs became a way for fans to get closer to their favorite stars. The allure of owning something unique and exclusive, coupled with the ability to support their favorite artists, made NFTs an irresistible proposition.

The Current State of NFTs – Are They Actually Dead?

Now that we have established the foundation of NFTs and their remarkable rise, it is crucial to examine the current state of this expanding market. Like any financial or technological innovation, some trends and patterns provide insights into its sustainability.

The NFT market experienced staggering growth in the first half of 2021, with record-breaking sales and increasing interest from both established collectors and newcomers. However, research carried out by dappGambl shows that 95% of NFTs are now worthless. The conclusion was reached when dappGambl found out that 69,795 out of the identified 73,257 NFT collections now have zero Market capitalization of Ethereum, meaning they now have no value. 

That’s a staggering 95% of the total collections they looked at, which is basically almost all of them. Even more astonishing is the fact that the study discovered that around 23 million people now hold NFTs that are essentially worthless, which must be really tough for those investors.

Aside from the 95% of NFTs that are now worthless, the remaining 5% without excluding prominent projects cannot be considered profitable as most of them have experienced a drastic decrease in price of up to 97%. Imagine an NFT brought for $1.3 million now worth $37k or a tweet bought as NFT by Sina Estavi in 2021 for $2.9 million which is now worth less than $4. Based on the dappGambl study showing the worthless state of most NFTs, we can agree that the NFT market bubble is now busted.

What Can I Do With My Worthless NFTs?

Are your NFTs and crypto assets stuck in rugged projects that seem to have lost their spark? Do you feel bad for investing your hard-earned money in a useless project?  Don’t worry; you’re not alone. We’ve created ShitcoinX, the groundbreaking platform that’s changing the game for NFT and crypto investors like you.

ShitcoinX is the first of its kind, designed to help you turn those seemingly worthless assets into something tangible. If you are part of the 23 million people holding onto a valueless project, your NFT and crypto investments will surely get the second chance they deserve.

Instead of holding onto deadweight projects, you can exchange them for exclusive discount coupon codes. It’s a win-win for you just like turning trash into treasure every time you use ShitcoinX.


While NFTs experienced explosive growth in the past, recent data suggests that 95% of NFT collections are now worthless, and the remaining 5% have seen significant price drops. This raises questions about the sustainability of the NFT market. However, platforms like ShitcoinX offer a chance to repurpose these assets when you swap them for coupon codes. Whether NFTs are dead or evolving, their future remains intriguing in the digital landscape.

Join Now for Free

Get real-time alerts for Bitcoin, Ethereum, and a wide range of altcoins with CoinMarketAlert – the ultimate destination for free cryptocurrency alerts and portfolio management.